ENSIL, l’European Network for School Libraries and Information Literacy, fondato nel 2003 cambia il suo status e diventa una Fondazione, con lo scopo di raggiungere meglio i suoi obiettivi che sono: (dal comunicato stampa)
Based on international research which shows that the quality of students’ learning outcomes is greatly enhanced by effective school libraries, ENSIL promotes the basic principle that all pupils in schools in each country of Europe are entitled to quality school libraries/media centres and services, run by professional and accredited school librarians/ information specialists.”
The Foundation will try to achieve this goal by:
- Supporting and promoting research about school librarianship, especially in Europe;
- The dissemination of information about school libraries and the work carried out by professional school librarians;
- Advocacy of school libraries/media centres and the profession of school librarianship;
- Communication among professionals in the field of school librarianship;
- Promoting the professional development of school librarians/information specialists.