Si svolgerà il 29 gennaio 2008 a Londra (Local Government House Conference Centre Smith Square) la conferenza Aiming High: the library offer to young people, organizzata da The Reading Agency in collaborazione con LGA.
A conference exploring the powerful role that public libraries’ work with young people can play in delivering national and local government’s ambitions for young people.
La conferenza si inserisce nell’ambito del National Year of Reading.
Tra gli argomenti trattati:
- The potential of libraries’ reading work to inspire and engage young people in shaping public services
- How reading and libraries can engage socially excluded or disenfranchised young people
- How libraries can help young people motivate each other through participation in libraryactivities and decision making
- How young people’s involvement in library activities can be recognised and accredited.
Di particolare interesse i workshop:
- Reading in the 21st Century: How libraries are using new technologies to engage young people
- Taking part: How libraries proactively involve young people from hard to reach groups
- Reading, ceativity and the media: How libraries work creatively to promote reading for pleasure
Il programma completo si scarica qui (pdf)