Se qualcuno ha voglia di trasferirsi nel Minnesota c’è da quelle parti una possibilità di lavoro assolutamente affascinante Hennepin County Library:
C’è poco tempo per candidarsi, l’offerta scade il 9 febbraio!
Tutti i dettagli continuando a leggere:
[Via: Tame the Web]
Hennepin County Library’s (HCL) Web Services department seeks an innovative, enthusiastic Teen Web Services & Technology Coordinator (Senior Librarian) to design and deliver information services to teens in an on-line environment and to develop and support in-library technology initiatives for teens. HCL’s website had over 10 million visits in 2006 and includes the dynamic portal, TeenLinks.
Job duties/responsibilities include:
• Direct and coordinate the work of librarians assigned to contribute content to TeenLinks, HCL’s on-line services portal to teens, in order to provide dynamic content, reader’s advisory, homework help, interactive features, Teen Read Month and Teen Tech Week (special online events and features).
• Lead the Teen Services Technology & Gaming work group to develop best practices for serving teens with technology and gaming and to develop and present training to staff about teens, technology, and library use.
• Working with cross-divisional staff to support in-library technology initiatives for teens, such as gaming tournaments, podcasting studios, etc.
• Serve on the Teen Services Management Group to plan system-wide services that directly support the library’s commitment to teens.
• Work with other Web Services staff to develop and maintain current and future web-based presence such as HCL’s MySpace, iTunes and Flickr accounts.
• Work with Teens Online, a teen advisory board, mentoring their hands-on contributions to TeenLinks.
• Chair the TeenLinks Review and Advisory Committee, including library, County and University of Minnesota representatives, to provide vision, review and advice regarding HCL TeenLinks services and website selections, in light of current research in adolescent development and community needs.
• Provide online web-based reference service to customers of all ages.
• Use web development tools to create and maintain assigned pages on HCL public and staff homepages.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An ALA-accredited master’s degree and three years professional library experience
• Experience working with teens and knowledge of services to teens in an on-line environment
• Experience with web development tools
• Knowledge of current and emerging web-delivery of library services
• Comfort with ever-changing technology
• Excellent communication skills
Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience.
Hennepin County recognizes that diversity enriches the workplace and encourages individuals with bilingual and/or bicultural skills/experience to apply for positions for which they meet the qualifications.
If you need assistance to actively participate in the employment process, please email us at HR.Dept@co.hennepin.mn.us or call us at 612.348.2163.